Over 2,000 of your peers have already been awarded this highly respected credential from the American Academy of Medical Management. Having undergone this rigorous formal certification process demonstrates to employers that you possess senior-level, up-to-date skills and knowledge-qualities that merit increased pay, promotions, and long-term employment security. Now more than ever, the recruitment of top physicians and other healthcare staff is crucial to maintaining American medicine's high standard of care. The fact that you have taken on the challenge of certification speaks volumes about your commitment to that standard, and your integrity as a professional.
I. PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
No Exam Option
• A minimum of 60
credit hours from
programs within the
last 3 years, including
• American Academy
5-day programs offer
up to 35.75 hours. 2-day
up to 13.75 hours.
• Copies of Certificates of
Option 2: With Exam Option
(May be completed in any order)
• Successfully passing the CMSR exam
•18 months of relevant experience is required to sit for the exam Certification will be awarded after 2 years of employment.
• Completion of the Physician Recruitment Intensive Training 5-day program
• You must attend PRIT immediately preceding the exam
• A copy of your Certificate of Completion must accompany your certification application.
• A minimum of 14 units of professional accomplishment
• All accomplishments must be relevant to medical staff recruitment, and must have taken place within the past three years
• Written proof of accomplishments must accompany your certification application
Qualifying accomplishments include:
• Employment: one unit for each year of full-time employment in medical staff recruitment (up to 12 units) with partial units awarded for part-time employment
• Continuing Education: one unit for each accepted six hours of instruction (no limit)
• Professional Contributions: one unit for each hour taught or each page published (up to 3 units)
• Awards, Certifications and Professional Designations: one unit for each accepted item (up to 3 units)
• American Academy membership: one unit per year (up to 3 units)
• Association membership, one unit per year (up to 2 units)
II. RELEVANT EMPLOYMENT
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in medical staff recruitment
• A resume documenting this experience must accompany your certification application
• Current full-time employment in medical staff recruitment
•An employment letter signed by your employer, denoting your position and dates of
employment, must accompany your certification application
• Current membership in the American Academy of Medical Management
IV. APPLICATION SUBMISSION
• Full completion of the CMSR Certification Application accompanied by all
required supporting documentation
Questions? We’re here to help. Call 770-649-7150
Complete the application when you have met all the other requirements.
Note that there is a With Exam Option for Certification and a No Exam Option. See Requirements.
To sit for the exam, you must
attend the 5-day PHYSICIAN
RECRUITMENT INTENSIVE TRAINING that immediately
July 15-19, 2013
in Clearwater Beach, FL
September 23-27, 2013 in Atlanta, GA
November 4-8, 2013 in Orlando, FL
March 10-14, 2014
in San Diego, CA
May 5-9, 2014
in Las Vegas, NV
Additional 2014 trainings to be announced soon!
• 18+ months experience in medical practice management
Required for Certification